Alto guitar as a particular classical guitar tuning is at tuning a 5th down from standard: B - E - A - D - F# - B. Jazz guitarists like Joe Beck and Kevin Van Sant uses a tuning called alto tuning (similar to the classical treble guitar tuning A D G C E A): A - D - G 8va - C 8va - E - A. The 8va means that the G and the C strings are tunes an octave higher.
- Carsten Grøndahl Official Homepage. Grøndahl is a Swedish classical alto guitarist.
- AltoGuitar.com - the former Yahoo The Alto Guitar Group, a community for enthusiasts of the classical Alto Guitar, the 11-stringed alto-guitar, and other guitars of it's kind.
- Anders Miolin - Swedish guitarist, specialist on 11 and 13-stringed guitars. Includes profile, repertoire, performances, discography, sound samples, and an account of the development of his instrument.
- James Kline Official Home Page.
- Luthiers - classical / concert Alto Guitars